Sunday, May 8, 2016

{Pretty, Happy, Funny, Real}~ May 8, 2016

Chiming in with Like Mother, Like Daughter again this week . . .

My two delightful and thoughtful daughters got me an awesome gift for Mother's Day.



Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone: The Illustrated Edition. Have you seen it?  It's wonderful!  I've looked at the first five chapters thoroughly and thumbed through the rest.  Jim Kay, the illustrator, has done an incredible job realizing the characters and places.  I'm interested in illustrators and their work, and I've often told my husband that if I were an artist, I'd be an illustrator.  Something about it fascinates me.  Here's an sample:

The Hut-on-the-Rock

The Sorting Hat

Platform 9 and 3/4

Two of my very favorites are this Renaissance inspired portrait of Prof. McGonagall



and this charming illustration of Hagrid's hut.  This makes me want to live there!

Reminds you of Hobbiton, eh?

These are all full-page or double-page illustrations, but there are also dozens of smaller ones inserted into the text.  I hope this edition is followed by illustrated editions of the rest of the series.  They are not cheap but so worth the money!  Thank you, Elizabeth and Hannah, for this wonderful gift!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Catching Up

Lake Michigan--gorgeous! It really has been two months since I last made a blog post!  This summer has been full of traveling, gardening...

Popular Posts