Sunday, May 15, 2016

{Pretty, Happy, Funny, Real}~ May 15, 2016

It's time for {phfr}!

(Pretty}

I love watching the wildflowers emerge in the woods that surround our house.  There's always something new.  Right now, daisies and the darling blue but-unknown-to me flowers you see below are blooming.  Though I left most of them where they were so they can re-seed themselves, I picked a few for the kitchen windowsill.




Right now, allium are stealing the show in my flower garden.  They are beautiful, aren't they?  The blooms last and last and last.  I had some for the first time in our Illinois house, and I had to plant some here too because I love them so much.  These are bigger than softballs!



The bees love them too!



{Happy}

Since Elizabeth and her family moved nearby, I've been going to their house once a week to do a craft and/or fun activity with Arane and Verity.  They both look forward to it and so do I!  I used to be a preschool teacher, and it's fun to plan for that age once again, but it's even better when it's for my own grandkids.  Here they are painting "binoculars"~



~and playing balloon tennis.  That was a big hit!




{Real}

One day last week, I began to notice a most unpleasant smell wafting in the windows at the back of the house.  I recognized it as the odor of something dead and decaying, and when it didn't go away, Dave heroically went out to look for the source.  Look what he found!

Poor thing!

Right up against our back porch!  Dave determined it was a coyote, which is completely plausible because we can hear them howling at night sometimes and the woods are right outside our back door.  He fearlessly dragged it into the woods far, far away from the house where it is free to stink as much as it wants.  I do feel a little bit sorry for the coyote, though!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Catching Up

Lake Michigan--gorgeous! It really has been two months since I last made a blog post!  This summer has been full of traveling, gardening...

Popular Posts