Sunday, October 4, 2015

{Pretty, Happy, Funny, Real}~ October 4, 2015

It's October and today I'm wearing a sweater and boots for the first time this fall.  There's an extra blanket on the bed and I'm thinking about new soup recipes.  By the end of the month the last vestiges of Indian summer will have disappeared and we will be prepared for the cold winter months.  It sounds very appealing right now though I know in February I will feel like it's always winter and never Christmas.  But at this moment, I'm looking forward to it!

{Pretty}

The distilled, mellow, autumn sunshine makes our front "yard" more beautiful than ever.



{Happy}

Yesterday, Dave and I drove to Village Lutheran Church in Ladue, MO, to hear Craig Parton speak on "Christianity for the Academic and the Artist," a topic of keen interest to us.  Craig is a lawyer and apologist and serves as the US director of the International Academy of Apologetics, Evangelism, and Human Rights.  He's an excellent speaker and thinker with many insights into bringing the gospel to people of various stripes.  Afterward, there was an exhibit of liturgical art by the talented Kelly Schumacher.  Thomas Winter, violinist, provided music. We had dinner with my mother on the way home.  Such a lovely day!

There was a good crowd.

Signing the books Dave bought

  

If you live within shooting distance of St. Louis, I urge you to check out Village Lutheran's on-going lecture series, which focuses on issues relating to the intersection of Christianity and culture.  This is the first one Dave and I attended and we thought it was well worth the drive. We are already planning to attend the one in April.  

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Visit Like Mother, Like Daughter for more {phfr}!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Catching Up

Lake Michigan--gorgeous! It really has been two months since I last made a blog post!  This summer has been full of traveling, gardening...

Popular Posts