Saturday, February 1, 2014

{Pretty, Happy, Funny, Real}~ Feb. 1, 2014

Goodbye, January! Hello, February.  February is the time of year that is toughest for me, despite the two birthdays we celebrate this month.  Winter has grown old and spring seems so slow in coming.  I'm going to try to keep myself cheered up with little things I enjoy (like flowers from the grocery store, Jane Austen movies, and Ralph Vaughan Williams' music).

{Pretty}

Here's more Christmas show-and-tell.  Hannah made this quilted wall-hanging, which I admired and thought would go especially well over the bed in my bedroom.  So sneaky Elizabeth, Justin, and Dave bought from her (at a discount!) and gave it to me as a joint gift at Christmas.  As of this evening, that empty space is filled with something bright and a little bit quirky. :)

It was made from leftover scraps.  Even better!

I especially like the juxtaposition of pink and turquoise.  It's not a combination
 would have thought of, but it really works together!

{More Pretty}

When the sun shines through these patchwork curtains I made for the bathroom, I always think of stained-glass windows.



{Happy (and Pretty too!)}

The day Hannah took the Junior Classical League's National Etymology Exam, she was sicker than the proverbial dog, but she managed to pull out a bronze medal despite it.  We are proud of her for persevering and for doing so well!



Visit Like Mother, Like Daughter for more {phfr}!



1 comment:

Catching Up

Lake Michigan--gorgeous! It really has been two months since I last made a blog post!  This summer has been full of traveling, gardening...

Popular Posts