Saturday, February 15, 2014

{Pretty, Happy, Funny, Real}~ February 15, 2014

It's time for {phfr}!

{Pretty}


As in most of the rest of the country, winter in our neck of Illinois has been incredibly cold and snowy.  I took this picture through the window of our front door because I particularly liked the light.  It was probably something like -8 at the time, so there was no way I was going outside to do it!  (We have more snow now!)

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

One morning last week I randomly took an orange Fiestaware bowl out of the cupboard for my soft-boiled eggs and realized that it went perfectly with my likewise randomly chosen tea cup.  Even the eggs are color coordinated!  I thought it was very pretty!



{Happy}

Hannah celebrated her birthday on the 4th.  As I expected, she just wanted a quiet celebration at home.  So I made some of her favorites~ corned beef and blueberry pie~ and she opened her presents:  nine yards of Kona cotton for new curtains for her room and more crates to serve as bookshelves.  Lizzie and family sent her a book about the invention and history of paper . . . ironically in the Kindle edition!
Fabric makes this girl happy!

Using candles in a pie is not very practical, so Hannah just held them while Dave and I sang.


For more {phfr}, visit Leila and daughters at Like Mother, Like Daughter!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Catching Up

Lake Michigan--gorgeous! It really has been two months since I last made a blog post!  This summer has been full of traveling, gardening...

Popular Posts