Saturday, January 25, 2014

{Pretty, Happy, Funny, Real}~~ January 25, 2014

Another week has gone past and it's time for {phfr}!

{Pretty}


In the bleak mid-winter, flowers from the grocery store can be such a pick-me-up!  These sit in a big mason jar on our kitchen table.

{Happy}


This is my next sewing project.  I'm not very accomplished, but I know more than I used to, and I do like sewing for my granddaughter.  Children's clothes are small enough that they don't overwhelm me.  The green fabric is for the dress and the blue is for the appliques.  I think I'll do the big polka dots.  I'm a sucker for polka dots!

{Funny}

Speaking of Arane, I/we video chat with her everyday.  For some reason, last Sunday evening we pulled out our instruments and played for her.  You can see her look of intense interest on the computer screen.  (Okay, so it's not that funny, but it's the best I could do this week.)



{Real}

This winter has been colder and snowier than any I can remember, even those from my childhood which have been exaggerated in my memory.  And here on the prairie the wind gets to sweeping down those plains with great ferocity!  Dave took this picture of blowing snow on a rural highway between our town and the next one down the road.

Don't worry~ he pulled over to take the picture.

This is our backyard taken from the warmth of the kitchen.  I wasn't crazy enough to go outside to take it.  See the swing?  Blowin' in the wind.




Visit Leila & Co. at Like Mother, Like Daughter for more {phfr} fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Catching Up

Lake Michigan--gorgeous! It really has been two months since I last made a blog post!  This summer has been full of traveling, gardening...

Popular Posts