Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Simple Woman's Daybook~Jan. 19, 2010



FOR TODAY Jan. 19,2010... (Somehow I missed doing this yesterday, so I’m doing it today.)

Outside my window... There are three stray cats holding a kitty convention on my neighbor’s awning: a black, a gray tabby, and the other sort of blonde. I wonder what they are convening about?

I am thinking... of tests I have to grade.

I am thankful for... my very own house.

From the learning rooms... Girl of the House and I are nearing the end of our Viking study. Just six more lectures to go from The Teaching Co.’s The Vikings: http://www.teach12.com/ttcx/CourseDescLong2.aspx?cid=3910.

From the kitchen... Poor Man’s Feast from Cooking with Clara. A simple, frugal meal that my family loves. You don’t know about Clara?? Check this out: http://www.greatdepressioncooking.com/Welcome.html. I'll be using ham instead of hot dogs ($1.77/lb. at Sam's Club)

I am wearing... jeans and a purple sweater, gold hoop earrings, a watch

I am creating... more dishcloths!

I am going... nowhere!

I am reading… Still working on Thrift: A Cyclopedia by David Blankenhorn and The Abolition of Man by C.S. Lewis; also browsing American Farmhouses by Leah Rosch

I am hoping... my allergies won’t act up today

I am hearing... The sounds of my family walking around upstairs getting ready for the day

Around the house... It’s laundry day!

One of my favorite things... Warm food on a cold day.

A few plans for the rest of the week: Finish grading tests, take Girl 2 to the library, get a haircut. On Sunday we are attending the baptism of a young friend!

Here is picture for thought I am sharing...

It's at the top again. Why can't I get it to load here?? Anyway, it's a house we pass on the way to Fort Wayne, IN. Isn't it gorgeous? And yes, it is really purple, even brighter than it shows in the picture. I can't say that I love the *color*, but the house itself is beautiful! I guess this is what they mean by "painted lady Victorian."


Thanks to Peggy for hosting the Simple Woman's Daybook at http://thesimplewomansdaybook.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Catching Up

Lake Michigan--gorgeous! It really has been two months since I last made a blog post!  This summer has been full of traveling, gardening...

Popular Posts