Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Simple Woman's Daybook~Jan. 13




FOR TODAY January 13, 2010



Outside my window... The snow is disappearing and the sun is just starting to peek out over the
tops of the other houses.



I am thinking... of our trip to Fort Wayne this weekend to house hunt.



I am thankful for... freedom to live my convictions.



From the learning rooms... We are doing science experiments this morning.



From the kitchen... Hamburgers for dinner. Nothing fancy, but we do all love a good hamburger!



I am wearing... a brown sweater (so soft!), jeans, slippers.



I am creating... more dishcloths. I’m experimenting with knitting and purling for different effects.



I am going... nowhere! :-) I do teach two of my on-line classes today, though, so in that sense I’ll be all over the country and even the world (England, Bangladesh, Russia, Canada).



I am reading... Thrift: A Cyclopedia by David Blankenhorn and The Abolition of Man by C.S. Lewis.



I am hoping... for warmer temperatures today!



I am hearing... nothing but the hum of our space heater.



Around the house... Trying to keep things especially tidy in case someone wants to come see it. Now that the weather is warming up a bit we should see more interest.



One of my favorite things... Seed catalogs in January



A few plans for the rest of the week: Normal cleaning routine, some schoolwork, mending Girl of the House’s pajama pants, leaving for Fort Wayne on Friday.



Here is a picture thought I am sharing . . .



Girl Out of the House took this picture when we visited Mount Vernon, George Washington’s home, in the spring of 2008. It’s one of my very favorite photographs of hers. (It's up at the top of the post. I couldn't get it to load here!)























No comments:

Post a Comment

Catching Up

Lake Michigan--gorgeous! It really has been two months since I last made a blog post!  This summer has been full of traveling, gardening...

Popular Posts