Monday, January 11, 2010

The Sprig of Thyme

My mother gave me (at my request) this CD for Christmas:

http://www.amazon.com/The-Sprig-Of-Thyme/dp/B000S58TFK I absolutely adore the Cambridge Singers and have for many years, and this recording is not a disappointment. It's as wonderful as I thought it would be. Track 25, "She Moved through the Fair," is some of the most gorgeous choral singing and arranging I have ever heard. Track 10, "The Miller of Dee," and Track 16, "Dashing Away with the Smoothing Iron," are just plain fun. Track 5, "Sally Gardens," reminds me of Girl 1 who would play this on the piano at my request as often as I could get her to do it. This is the way vocal music should be. If you scroll down, you can hear samples.

2 comments:

Catching Up

Lake Michigan--gorgeous! It really has been two months since I last made a blog post!  This summer has been full of traveling, gardening...

Popular Posts