Sunday, June 11, 2017

Hey, I'm Still Alive!

Hi, there, she said sheepishly.
 
I didn't mean to take a long blog break; it just happened.  There was nothing earth-shattering, but day after day went by without time for blogging.  Hopefully, I can pick it back up.  Here's to trying, anyway!

Since we last talked, my part-time, on-line teaching job has come to a close.  I've been teaching young people on-line about the great masterworks of classical music and the people behind them for fifteen years, and I look back at that period of my teaching life with great satisfaction.  But it was time to move on.  Family life had become too busy and demanding.  By the way, all you young mothers out there, don't think that once your kids grow up you will have time on your hands.  No sirree.  Grown children have different needs, and the support you can give is essential.  My mission continues to be as a ministry partner to my husband, but I've discovered being available for my grown children also takes time and energy.  Not that I mind.  I'm happy to be there when they want and need me.

Here are just a few highlights from the past six weeks~

Hannah embroidered these for our family to give to two confirmands in May.  The one in the silver frame is for a young lady, the black for a young man.  You can find more of Hannah's beautiful work in her Etsy shop.



My goodness, I do love allium!  I planted six bulbs in the fall of 2015 and they have multiplied to ten.  Allium blooms in mid-spring, so these are finished for the year, but they are wonderful while they last!



Arane picked these for me.  Sweetness! 💕




We took a quick trip to Rockbridge State Park on a beautiful day in May.  Kids love nothing more than to paddle around in water with no one hurrying them!



Dave and I in front of the rock bridge~
  
Photo credit:  Elizabeth

That's all for now.  More to come soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Catching Up

Lake Michigan--gorgeous! It really has been two months since I last made a blog post!  This summer has been full of traveling, gardening...

Popular Posts