Tuesday, August 2, 2016

A Scrappy Quilt

Hannah asked me to make her a quilt.   Red and orange, she said.  That's my Hannah, lover of all things bright and beautiful.  Now, she is a far more accomplished quilter than I am.  She has made numerous darling quilts while I have made a total of two . . . counting this one, which isn't even finished yet. But I like the idea of my children (and their children) possessing items made by own hands, so I set to work to make a quilt for my quilter.  On Sunday I finished the top.  Here 'tis~



And here is a close-up of some of the fabric~



Some of the corners came together less than perfectly, but I'm okay with that.  If I were to get bogged down with perfection, Hannah would never get her quilt.  As Edith Schaeffer said, if you insist on perfection or nothing, you'll get nothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Catching Up

Lake Michigan--gorgeous! It really has been two months since I last made a blog post!  This summer has been full of traveling, gardening...

Popular Posts