Sunday, January 24, 2016

{Pretty, Happy, Funny, Real}~ January 24, 2016

It's time for {phfr} and my weekly post!

{Pretty}

Last week I showed the paperwhites just beginning to open.  Here are they are again in their full glory:


Aren't they beautiful?  And nary a flop-over.  First time ever that I haven't had to prop them up.

{Happy}

I also showed you my new workspace last week, but I am so happy with it that I'm sharing it again from a different angle.


I've struggled with this room ever since we moved here a year and a half ago, even to the point of wishing we could remove it from the house.  It was built for growing things in, such as the vegetables my father-in-law grew, but we do not plan to attempt anything beyond houseplants.  With the little sitting area we had before, the room felt redundant and pointless.  We already have two sitting areas and a third . . . well, all we used this room for was to walk through to get to the bedrooms.  

It started to shape up when we had it painted last fall, and things really began to happen when we put the paintings up.  So much better!  A couple weeks ago, we moved the futon to Dave's office, which made space for this table.  And now when I walk through here, I catch myself thinking how pretty a space it is~ the sunshine, the plants, the paintings, my "desk."  I'd call that a success!

{Fun}ny

My granddaughters playing in the best puddle ever with their Daddy.  It's across the (quiet, secluded) street from their house.  It looks like they are having a great time!







This was during a warm spell last week.  Now they have eighteen inches of snow from that massive storm that hit the east coast!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Catching Up

Lake Michigan--gorgeous! It really has been two months since I last made a blog post!  This summer has been full of traveling, gardening...

Popular Posts