Sunday, November 15, 2015

{Pretty, Happy, Funny, Real}~ November 15, 2015

{Pretty} and {Happy}

Last week I showed you our newly painted bathroom.  This week I will give you a glimpse into our newly painted, completely pointless, glorified hallway we call the conservatory.

This room was built for growing plants.  That is its raison d'etre.  My father-in-law even had tomatoes growing in here, but I harbor no such ambitions.  Houseplants, fine.  An indoor vegetable garden, not fine.  Mostly we walk through this room to get to other places.  Nevertheless, since it is here, it may as well look nice.  I forgot to take any before pictures, but this will give you an idea of the color it used to be:


This shows the three colors we were contemplating.  The aqua is the original color we wanted to cover up.  Here is a part of the room post-painting:


I love the big fig tree!  There is plenty of natural light for the houseplants, which are to the right and can't be seen in the photo.  We have big plans for this room which I will share once they are realized.  Right now, I'm thrilled that it is painted.  And now I realize that the futon is completely the wrong color.  You can hardly see it! Steps will have to be taken.

I had a little money set aside, which I used to buy this terrarium.  I'd had my eye on it at Hobby Lobby for months and finally took the plunge when it was marked 50% off.  A few plants, a little sand (scrounged from the garage), and it looks fabulous!



I think once we are finished, I may decide this room isn't a waste of space after all!


Visit Like Mother, Like Daughter for more {phfr}!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Catching Up

Lake Michigan--gorgeous! It really has been two months since I last made a blog post!  This summer has been full of traveling, gardening...

Popular Posts