Sunday, January 18, 2015

{Pretty, Happy, Funny, Real}~ January 18, 2015

It's all {pretty} and {happy} this week!

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

It only took me a little while to cut and sew these pillows for the couch.  Never mind that I bought the fabric six months ago . . .  They look great (if I do say so myself) and add a much needed touch to the room.


                                                                 *~*~*~*~*~*~*

See, see?  (as Arane says).  Bluebirds!  One morning there were at least four~ possibly more~ they are hard to count~ bluebirds checking out the house in the yard.  Alas, they don't seem to have moved in permanently, but I was thrilled to see them at all.  For all Missouri has designated the eastern bluebird as the state bird, I sure haven't seen any in all my fifty-one years until now.  I wish I could have gotten better pictures, though.  Here's to hoping they come back!


                                                                   *~*~*~*~*~*~*

My mother gave me an amaryllis bulb for an early Christmas present, but I waited to plant it so that it would bloom in January.  It's in bleak January, not December with her holiday warmth and glowing lights, that I most want flowers and color.  I'm so glad I waited!



Visit Like Mother, Like Daughter for more {phfr}!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Catching Up

Lake Michigan--gorgeous! It really has been two months since I last made a blog post!  This summer has been full of traveling, gardening...

Popular Posts