Sunday, August 17, 2014

{Pretty, Happy, Funny, Real}~ August 17, 2014

I made these muffins last week and even took pictures . . . or so I thought.  I can't find them anywhere.  They were going to be my {happy}, and now I am rather sparse in the picture department this week.  Alas and alack.  Trust me when I say they were delicious!

{Pretty}

We've been in this house for two and a half months, and I haven't really shared photos yet.  That's because I'm still deciding what to do about hanging pictures, etc.  Not only are there our own pictures to think about, but there are also my in-laws' pictures, which consist of my mother-in-law's parents' artwork.  So I can't go about it willy-nilly and still do the job justice.

I will show you this, however.  I didn't stage this.  It is just how I found it.  One of the good things about moving is that your books end up in different places and the reshuffling means that forgotten titles are rediscovered.  That's the case with this one, which I bought on clearance after the excitement about the new millennium died down round about 2001.  It hadn't been read in years, but Hannah pulled it off the shelf to read while she ate a snack.



Once again, I cannot claim credit for the flowers, but I am happy to reap the benefits! :)




{Happy}

Every day, we video chat with our darling granddaughter and her wonderful parents for about half an hour.  It keeps us connected even though we are hundreds of miles apart.  One of the highlights of our time is reading a few books together.  This is the pile that has accumulated.  Current favorites are The Very Hungry Caterpillar and Farmer Duck.  ("How goes the work?" we ask.  "Quaaaaaaack!" says Arane.)  If you don't know Farmer Duck by Martin Waddell, it is worth looking for.  I've never read it to a child who didn't love it and who didn't join in with "quaaaaack!" after a few read-throughs.



{My Husband's Happy}

Dave brought home a truckload of manure from the local stables, which has mountains of it, as you can see, all free for the asking.  It will go a long way to making this Missouri soil a medium that plants will like living in . . . next year.  I don't think anything makes Dave happier than hauling around heavy things in the back of his old, dented pick-up!



Join Like Mother, Like Daughter for more {phfr}!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Catching Up

Lake Michigan--gorgeous! It really has been two months since I last made a blog post!  This summer has been full of traveling, gardening...

Popular Posts