Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Beauty Around the House

Scenes from our house~

The view at twilight from our front door.

This little guy (gal?) was crawling slowly but purposefully on our deck railing today.
 
I can't get enough of these zinnias and Jerusalem artichokes!


(Yes, I am posting something other than {phfr}!

Go get your smelling salts, everyone.

When I started this blog, I had visions of writing lots of erudite posts on Deep Subjects, but that has never materialized.  Rather than be frustrated at my inability to get anything down on paper at all, I'm going scale my expectations waaaay back and just try semi-frequent postings of pictures of happenings at our house~ pretty things, homey things, comforting things.  I may make some commentary from time to time, but mostly it will just be pictures.  It seems the idea of "home" has fallen on hard times, and it's my hope that I can show in my own small way that home is worth the effort.  Don't expect Martha Stewart, but do expect a real home with a real family living in it in all our glorious imperfections.)


2 comments:

  1. I think that is a lovely idea for a blog. You're right that the idea of home has fallen on hard times. It seems to be just a place to sleep and grab a quick bite before running out to the real world.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I appreciate the encouragement. :)

    ReplyDelete

Catching Up

Lake Michigan--gorgeous! It really has been two months since I last made a blog post!  This summer has been full of traveling, gardening...

Popular Posts