Saturday, August 17, 2013

{Pretty, Happy, Funny, Real}~ August 17, 2013

Hey!  Look at this!  It's only Saturday night and I'm posting my {phfr}!  (Don't forget that you can read other {phfr} posts at Like Mother, Like Daughter.)

{Pretty}

It's been awhile since I've posted pictures of this cutie~


 
 
These are from two months ago when we visited for Arane's first birthday.  Now she is walking proficiently and also talking.  She's learning new words almost every day!  You know how you've heard that being a grandparent is wonderful and how you get all the fun of young ones without the work of raising them?  It's true!  I am very much enjoying being a grandmother. :-)
 
 
{Happy}
 
 
I'm making a shower curtain to match these window curtains.  I will show you when I finish.
 
For the first time ever, we have two bathrooms.  Oh, the bliss! The luxury!  The reduced need to wait in line and schedule showers!  There was a big blank space on this wall that was crying out to be filled, but I had nothing to fill it with.  Nothing, that is, until I bought the matching shelves at a yard sale for $3 for the pair not long ago.  So this week, while I was spray painting my kitchen chairs*, I also did these with some leftover yellow paint from another project.  Then I rummaged around in what I already have and moved a few things from other places in the house, and now this little corner is more cheerful.  Here's a close-up~
 
I bought the little bird's nest over twenty years ago for $2.  It's one of my favorite things!
 
Spray paint is the frugal homemaker's friend.  It's cheap (paint in the can is even cheaper) and covers a multitude of sins.  Even the ugliest piece of furniture will look better with a fresh coat of paint.  I wouldn't want to be without it!
 
 
 
*which I neglected to take pictures of and hope to show you next week


1 comment:

Catching Up

Lake Michigan--gorgeous! It really has been two months since I last made a blog post!  This summer has been full of traveling, gardening...

Popular Posts