Sunday, August 26, 2012

{Pretty, Happy, Funny, Real}~ August 26, 2012

Can you believe I didn't take a single picture this week?  I'm going to have to dig back through the archives for this week's post.  These are all from spring or early summer. . .

{Pretty}



Whiter-than-snow clouds against a deep blue sky.  This is from May, but we've had similar weather recently.  The colors are striking.

{Happy}

 
 
 
My wonderful son-in-law and grandbaby.  I love, love, love this picture~ they way they are turned toward each other, her button nose, the quiet bond between them.  It melts my heart every time. 
 
 
{Funny}
 
My squirrel (the one with the apples, remember?) still hangs around the yard eating whatever he can~ plums and dried corn, as here.  But alas, there were no apples on the tree this year.  He did, however, find himself a lady love and they have settled down to raise a family.

 
 

 
{Real}
 
In July at the Circe conference I finally got to meet in person a sweet lady I have known via the internet for a decade.  Then this weekend she stayed with us for a night after dropping her son off at college, so after ten years of electronic friendship, we have met twice in one summer!  We already knew we had a lot of the same interests and likes and dislikes, so it was such a treat to talk with her face-to-face.  But I did ever think of taking a picture?  No . . . and neither did she, apparently.  So my {real} this week is the lack of a picture I should very much like to have taken!
 
 
Join Leila and daughters for more {Pretty, Happy, Funny, Real}!

1 comment:

  1. I haven't been taking many photos either. I am worn out! But your "archive" is fun :) Don't know how you put up with the squirrel!

    ReplyDelete

Zinnias

Zinnias are such rewarding flowers!  They are easy to grow from seed, they flourish even with abject neglect once germinated, and then t...

Popular Posts