Sunday, August 26, 2012

{Pretty, Happy, Funny, Real}~ August 26, 2012

Can you believe I didn't take a single picture this week?  I'm going to have to dig back through the archives for this week's post.  These are all from spring or early summer. . .

{Pretty}



Whiter-than-snow clouds against a deep blue sky.  This is from May, but we've had similar weather recently.  The colors are striking.

{Happy}

 
 
 
My wonderful son-in-law and grandbaby.  I love, love, love this picture~ they way they are turned toward each other, her button nose, the quiet bond between them.  It melts my heart every time. 
 
 
{Funny}
 
My squirrel (the one with the apples, remember?) still hangs around the yard eating whatever he can~ plums and dried corn, as here.  But alas, there were no apples on the tree this year.  He did, however, find himself a lady love and they have settled down to raise a family.

 
 

 
{Real}
 
In July at the Circe conference I finally got to meet in person a sweet lady I have known via the internet for a decade.  Then this weekend she stayed with us for a night after dropping her son off at college, so after ten years of electronic friendship, we have met twice in one summer!  We already knew we had a lot of the same interests and likes and dislikes, so it was such a treat to talk with her face-to-face.  But I did ever think of taking a picture?  No . . . and neither did she, apparently.  So my {real} this week is the lack of a picture I should very much like to have taken!
 
 
Join Leila and daughters for more {Pretty, Happy, Funny, Real}!

1 comment:

  1. I haven't been taking many photos either. I am worn out! But your "archive" is fun :) Don't know how you put up with the squirrel!

    ReplyDelete

Catching Up

Lake Michigan--gorgeous! It really has been two months since I last made a blog post!  This summer has been full of traveling, gardening...

Popular Posts