Friday, September 16, 2011

{Pretty, Happy, Funny, Real} ~ September 16, 2011

Pardon me for being a day late. Life has been very busy lately. Online teaching duties began this week, which also means that Dave is now busy with two jobs and Hannah started her online classes this week. We'll be hanging on to our hats for the next nine months!

{Pretty} and {Happy}

I'm combining these two categories this week. The weather has definitely turned to autumn. It's been in the 40's at night and the low 60's during the day, the evenings are turning dusky not long after dinner, and soups and stews are finding their way on the menu once again. We've had several overcast and/or rainy days, which is perfect candle-burning weather. Hurray!



I've been working on these curtains for weeks during little snatches of time here and there. I wanted something colorful that would unify the blue walls and yellow accents. I don't know if these achieved that, but I like them and I'm happy I've finished them. I used six-inch squares of scraps and some remnants that I bought, sewed them together with no particular rhyme or reason, lined them with white muslin, and made tabs for the top. Very simple!





(Sorry for the rotten light. I had to wait until twilight or all I got was a lot of backlighting and no curtains.)

{Funny}

The last two weeks I've shown you pictures of our little squirrel friend and the apple he hid on our trellis. Well, he's still at it! I've found apples all over the place this week. It amuses me to no end to look out the window and see a half-eaten apple perched up high somewhere. Here are some apple-hiding places:







So there you have it for this week! Visit Like Mother, Like Daughter for more {phfr}!

6 comments:

  1. I love the curtains, oh my gosh! They are lovely. And the apples are hysterical.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those apples are hilarious! Especially in the way you shared them in the pictures, it's like a little object hunt. The curtains are really nice too. I like how homey they look.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your curtains are pretty! And that squirrel is a riot. I feel like our squirrels are not this amusing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love, love, love the curtains! Really pretty and clever idea.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVELY curtains! They look perfect. What size squares did you cut?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, everybody! I used six-inch squares on the curtains and sewed them with a 1/2 inch seam allowance. I'm pleased with how they turned out, but they are far from perfect. Don't look too closely at some of the corners . . . I'm planning to do a shower curtain too. I'll show pictures when that's finished (whenever that may be!).

    Rachel, the apple pictures turned out that way by accident. lol I'm just a point-and-shoot kind of gal, and any special effect is unintended! lol

    ReplyDelete

Catching Up

Lake Michigan--gorgeous! It really has been two months since I last made a blog post!  This summer has been full of traveling, gardening...

Popular Posts