Sunday, June 3, 2012

{Pretty, Happy, Funny, Real} ~ June 3, 2012

Joining Like Mother, Like Daughter . . .

{Pretty}

We planted two rose bushes this spring.  If all goes well, they will eventually climb the arbor over the patio, meet in the middle, and create glorious, rose-scented shade.  The first buds bloomed this week!




{Happy}


Our garden is growing like gangbusters, which makes us happy for many reasons. One night this week something unusual happened~ I was alone for supper, so I went out to the garden and picked the first of the peas.  I cannot adequately describe the yumminess of those peas!  It was a mixture of sunshine, rain, really good dirt, and fresh air.  I'm looking forward to eating more of these little green bursts of goodness!

There are lots more where those came from!



We have three pea patches like this one.  (Those are green beans planted on the north side.)



In addition to the peas and green beans, we have a strawberry bed, tomatoes, gourds, mini pumpkins, butternut squash, cucumbers, a pepper plant, raspberries, and sweet potatoes. I'm especially proud of the tomatoes because we grew them from seed, which I've been told is difficult but didn't really seem to be difficult at all!
 Blossoms on the tomato plants!



Strawberry Bed


{Funny}


This little guy was sitting on the ledge outside our living room window this afternoon.  I saw him in the lawn this morning before church, too.  I'm sure this is his first day outside the nest, judging by his uncertainty regarding flying and his slightly nervous air.  He sure is a cutey!




Are you my mother?


{Real}

Besides the beach, this is the windiest place I've ever seen!  Actually, it may even be windier than the beach.  It's not so constantly windy, but the wind is stronger at times.  There's nothing in this good, flat land to keep the wind from sweeping down the plains, as the song says.  (No, we don't live in Oklahoma! lol)  Here's what said wind does to my laundry hanging on the line~





Thanks for stopping by!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Catching Up

Lake Michigan--gorgeous! It really has been two months since I last made a blog post!  This summer has been full of traveling, gardening...

Popular Posts