Sunday, April 29, 2012

{Pretty, Happy, Funny, Real} ~ April 29, 2012

It's time for {phfr}! (Arrrg! I don't like the new Blogger! If anyone has tips for me on formatting, I'd love to hear them!) {Pretty} The peas are up and the strawberries are growing like wildfire! We are dutifully removing all the strawberry blossoms until July, as we've been told, but it's so hard! The plants themselves were just little wisps when we planted them, but not one has died. The peas are far from bearing, but we have three 4'x 8' patches of them, so hopefully we'll have plenty to eat and freeze in a little while. Maybe these plants aren't pretty in the classical sense, but they are pretty to me!
{Happy} Out of the blue, Girl of the House said she wanted to learn viola. Good thing we already have one and her father can teacher her!
Though can't really read it, her T-shirt is {funny}: "Careful or you'll end up in my novel." {Real} This circular flower bed in the backyard definitely needs some help. I don't know what kind of tree (bush??) this is, but I don't think it's very attractive and it also seems to be dead. But the weeds are alive and kicking! We will give the tree/bush a couple more weeks to show signs of life and if it doesn't, it's gone. Hopefully the weeds will be gone before then. I've not been very motivated to do anything about them because April has been damp and cold, in contrast to our hot and dry March! ??)
Joine Leila and Rosie for more {phfr} fun!

2 comments:

  1. What format problems are you having?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It won't let me make paragraph breaks. It just runs everything together. Previously, I could make headings, etc. but just hitting enter, but now Blogger takes out any empty spaces. At least that how it looks for me. Maybe it's not coming through that way for others? What do you see?

    ReplyDelete

Catching Up

Lake Michigan--gorgeous! It really has been two months since I last made a blog post!  This summer has been full of traveling, gardening...

Popular Posts