Monday, February 8, 2010

Simple Woman's Daybook


FOR TODAY February 8, 2010

Outside my window... The sun is shining and the snow is melting.

I am thinking...Of the guest lecture I am giving tomorrow (twice!) condensing the last 1500 years of music history into 90 minutes!

I am thankful for...So much, but especially for my wonderful, hard-working husband.

From the learning rooms...Trying to fit in dd’s piano lesson today~~I’ve put it off a bit and it’s time to catch up!

From the kitchen...An early dinner of tacos. On Mondays, we leave the house at 5:00 to get my daughter to her confirmation class at our church a half hour away, so dinner must be simple.

I am wearing...a burgundy sweater and a new denim skirt I bought this weekend. It was definitely time for a new one! The old one was becoming embarrassing. lol

I am creating...pillows for my married daughter’s couch . . . at last! I haven’t made much progress yet, but at least I’ve started.

I am going...To take my daughter to the aforesaid confirmation class and grocery shop while she’s there.

I am reading...Evening in the Palace of Reason: Bach Meets Frederick the Great in the Age of Englightenment by James R. Gaines

I am hoping...That everything goes well tomorrow.

On my mind…This post from Gene Edward Veith’s blog.

Noticing that…it gets harder and harder as the winter wears away to get up while it’s still dark.

Pondering these words…all of Psalm 112, which we sang in church yesterday, but especially these words: “He will have no fear of bad news; his heart is steadfast, trusting in the LORD” (verse 7).

I am hearing...The clack-clack of dd’s old typewriter as she works on some schoolwork. (She loves her old Remington her grandma and grandpa gave her at Christmas!)

Around the house...Nothing in particular. Housework is under control; laundry day is Tuesday. Monday’s are days I do a lot of preparation for teaching my classes.

One of my favorite things...Violets. Our neighborhood goes wild with them in April. The deep purple against the deep green is gorgeous! I love old-fashioned flowers.

A few plans for the rest of the week: We are leaving on Saturday to do more house hunting in our destination town. I won’t be able to post next Monday. :-(

Here is picture for thought I am sharing...Our new baby! lol We traded our six-foot grand for this this little model. We moved that monstrosity in this house, and we didn’t want to move it out! This will be much easier when the time comes.


















Thanks to Peggy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Catching Up

Lake Michigan--gorgeous! It really has been two months since I last made a blog post!  This summer has been full of traveling, gardening...

Popular Posts