Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Simple Woman's Daybook--Feb. 23, 2010


FOR TODAY Feb. 23, 2010...

Outside my window… are the tiniest beginnings of spring~slightly warmer temperatures, crocuses and daffodils just poking up, a little more sunshine

I am thinking... of my plans for my garden this year. They will be simplified because of the move to a new state we are hoping to make, but I have to have things growing!

I am thankful for... my husband! His birthday was yesterday!

From the learning rooms... Since we’ve finished our Viking study, Girl 2 and I began our Shakespeare study this week with Hamlet. I like to use the Oxford School editions because they provide background information, study aids, and explanatory notes in the side margins. We listen to a BBC version on CD, borrowed from the library, and read along. We also use Peter Leithart’s Brightest Heaven of Invention: A Guide to Six Shakespeare Plays.

From the kitchen... Pot roast~a family favorite!

I am wearing... a warm burgundy sweater and jeans.

I am creating... pillows and dishcloths still!

I am going... nowhere today, but tomorrow we will attend our Lenten mid-week service at church.

I am reading... Kitchen Gardens by Mary Mason Campbell and illustrated by Tasha Tudor. It is delightful! This book was published in the early 1970’s. Books from that era and before have a certain quality that many books today lack. Don’t ask me what it is~I can’t put it into words! lol

I am hoping... that it won’t take too long to grade the tests waiting for me.

On my mind… I’ve been thinking about my garden plan for this year.

Noticing that… the drafts coming into the house aren’t as cold!

Pondering these words… “Surely he [Jesus] took up our infirmities and carried our sorrows, yet we considered him stricken by God, smitten by him, and afflicted.” (Isaiah 53:4)

I am hearing... the sound of my husband turning the pages in his book.

Around the house... I’m almost finished washing and drying laundry but not folding and putting it away. That will probably come tomorrow.

One of my favorite things... emails from Girl 1 :-)

A few plans for the rest of the week: looking through seed catalogs, calling my mother, wrapping up some grading, taking Girl 2 to the library

Here is picture thought I am sharing...This is Girl of the House (aka Girl 2) typing on the old typewriter her grandparents gave her:












You can read more daybooks at Peggy's!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Catching Up

Lake Michigan--gorgeous! It really has been two months since I last made a blog post!  This summer has been full of traveling, gardening...

Popular Posts