Sunday, September 6, 2015

{Pretty, Happy, Funny, Real}~ September 6, 2015

Joining Like Mother, Like Daughter for {pretty, happy, funny, real}~


{Pretty}

The past two weeks have been intense prep weeks for my classes at The Potter's School, especially since I had just found out that a textbook I had relied on in past years was not going to be available this year after all.  That left me scrambling, but I think I've come up with a good plan.  Executing it will take a lot of time and detailed planning, though.  So with all that plus what I was already expecting as far as workload goes, this week's meals were quick and easy and the housework got only a lick and a promise.  This week should be better (hopefully!).

Dave understood the added pressure and brought me these beautiful yellow carnations as a treat and encouragement.  Wasn't that sweet?  I added some zinnias from the garden and look what a pretty bouquet they made!  I find that flowers and quilts are similar in this one way~ even when the individual parts don't seem to go together, when you get them together and arranged, it always turns out well.

  

{Happy}

After I met my deadline for school, to relax and blow off some steam, Dave took me to dinner and . . . 

                            


the shooting range!  Though he has gone a few times, it was my first, and I have to say that it was a lot of fun.  First I got a lesson in gun safety and how to shoot, and then it was time to aim at the target.  I did really well according to the instructor!  See?




And you know what?  It was relaxing!


{Funny}

The place we went to dinner is a local favorite with a long history.  It's run by a Greek family, and I guess that this was one of their first impressions of the U.S.~

Sorry the picture isn't better, but it wasn't easy to photograph!

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Catching Up

Lake Michigan--gorgeous! It really has been two months since I last made a blog post!  This summer has been full of traveling, gardening...

Popular Posts