Sunday, December 21, 2014

{Pretty, Happy, Funny, Real}~ December 21, 2014

Joining Like Mother, Like Daughter for {Pretty, Happy, Funny, Real}.

{Pretty}


After three years of living in a house without a fireplace, we once again have a mantel, which of course, is prime real estate for Christmas decorating.  I bought a holly garland at Hobby Lobby for $6, knowing it was a little sparse but that I thought I could beef it up a little with what I already had and few additions from the dollar store.  I had six small candle rings with poinsettias, red berries, etc. that I've used on chandeliers in the past, but this house has no such chandelier, so I cut the rings in two and interspersed them as is throughout the holly garland.  I also bought bunches of white "berries" from the dollar store, cut them apart, and just stuck the pieces in willy-nilly wherever there was a bare spot.  I'm amazed at how lush and full it looked!  And all for $8!

I love my Johnson Bros. Christmas plate I bought for $2.50 at Marshall's a few years ago!

{Happy}

We had our first significant snow last week and Man of the House seemed happy as a clam shoveling the driveway.  I doubt he'll feel the same way in February . . .



The pond is lovely in any season~



{Real}

A last portrait of Felix, taken by Dave

We learned last week that our cat, Felix, was terminally ill.  He took the long ride to the vet on Friday and we are now pet-less.  We've had a variety of pets for the past twenty-two years, and Felix was our last remaining one.  Though we aren't yet used to his being gone, the time is right for us to embrace our new status as non-pet-owners.  Thank you for years of companionship and affection, Felix.  We will miss you.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Blessings to you and your family as you celebrate the birth of Emmanuel~ God with us!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Catching Up

Lake Michigan--gorgeous! It really has been two months since I last made a blog post!  This summer has been full of traveling, gardening...

Popular Posts