Sunday, March 2, 2014

{Pretty, Happy, Funny, Real}~ March 2, 2014

Is it spring yet?  No, not here, as in most of the rest of the country.  I've just been informed that it's going to be a cold spring.  Gosh, I hope not, but I don't have very high hopes.  We had four inches of additional snow last night . . .

I'm not complaining, just stating the facts. ;-)

{Pretty}

We took a quick trip to Missouri to visit Dave's parents last week for a couple days.  They have had a challenging autumn and winter as far as health goes, and we wanted to check in and offer help.  Their house sits on some acreage with a pond, plus it was warmer there and sans snow, so we took the opportunity to wander through their woods.  Landscape without snow was a welcome sight!



There was skin of ice on the pond.

The house overlooks the pond.

This little screened-in porch is off Dave's folks' bedroom.  I love it!

{Happy}

On our way home we stopped at shop that carries antiques, seconds, and discounted items, and I got six new dishtowels at an excellent price.  Cheerful, thick, new dishtowels help brighten up the deary end of winter a little.  I got two each of three designs.

One towel was in the wash.
{Funny}

This little guy spent quite some time digging under our window for berries that had fallen in the snow.


{Real}

I know, I know, not another snow picture.  But just look at it!  

Taken from inside even though I understand it's bad form.


Our town normally has 23.5 inches of snow a year.  We are nearly double that now, and I don't think it's over yet.  I really try not to complain about the weather, but . . .


*~*~*Visit Like Mother, Like Daughter for more {phfr}!*~*~*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Catching Up

Lake Michigan--gorgeous! It really has been two months since I last made a blog post!  This summer has been full of traveling, gardening...

Popular Posts