Sunday, November 10, 2013

{Pretty, Happy, Funny, Real}~ November 10, 2013

Linking up with Leila again this week for {pretty, happy, funny, real} . . .


{Pretty}

I forgot to show you this.  I put this together last spring using Cottage Thoughts free printables. I just printed it, trimmed it, and cemented it to scrapbook paper I already had. I already had the frames too, and I painted them with leftover black paint.  This favorite verse from a favorite hymn is a daily reminder to live in God's grace.

I used scrapbook paper because the printables are not a standard size and
needed mats to fit my frames, but I didn't want to spend money on mats.
These are hanging in our windowless hallway.  It's so hard to take a decent picture of them!  (Obviously, I failed.)  The walls are really not bright yellow.

For your edification, here is Fernando Ortega singing "Come, Thou Fount of Every Blessing."




{Happy}

Dave did some work with the compost pile not long ago.  It's hard to believe that anything is ever really happening in a compost pile, but when he dug below recent layers there was all this lovely dirt, full of worms, which he has been working into some of our garden beds.



 {Funny}

I dug sweet potatoes last week.  Goodness, do they ever taste good!  Some of them are puny and scrawny, but there have been some whoppers too, like this one:

The quarter is for scale.
This is the record-holder for the year. Someone said it looked like a chubby critter with an eye and a nose!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Catching Up

Lake Michigan--gorgeous! It really has been two months since I last made a blog post!  This summer has been full of traveling, gardening...

Popular Posts