Sunday, September 15, 2013

{Pretty, Happy, Funny, Real}~ September 15, 2013

Whew!  What a week!  Classes began at The Potter's School, where I teach music, and with everything else already going full-swing, life has been busy. I have tried very hard for the past several years to build more margin into our lives, but since Dave added pastoring a church to his responsibilities, unscheduled time has been harder and harder to come by.  I will keep trying because I think it's important.

Anyway, I'm linking up with Leila at Like Mother, Like Daughter for {phfr}!


{Pretty}


I bought a few mums the other day, a little one for the kitchen table and two bigger ones for outside.  I like adding flowers to this little vignette when I can.  It makes the kitchen so cheerful!


{Happy}

Hannah has been making a quilt for her cousin who is getting married in October.  Here she is working with the backing and the batting all spread out on our floor.  She is taking an on-line quilting class right now and expanding her skills and repertoire of techniques.  It always makes me happy to see Hannah quilting, which is virtually everyday!


You can see a bit of the actual quilt top on the right side of the photos.

{Real}

I'm hitting the books as a student again.  Last year, Hannah and I took Dave's Greek I class through The Potter's School. (Besides pastoring, he teaches.  He's been with TPS since 2001 as their classics teacher, though he's now handed the Latin over to another teacher so he can dedicate more of his time and energy to our church.)  Now we are in Greek II, which meets at the awful time of 7 o'clock Monday mornings!  I'm back to doing homework again whenever I can squeeze some in.  We are reading the Gospel of John this year!  



Hannah has also got Latin on her agenda.  She's loving both languages, but I'm going to stick with one at a time! :)



Thanks for dropping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Catching Up

Lake Michigan--gorgeous! It really has been two months since I last made a blog post!  This summer has been full of traveling, gardening...

Popular Posts