Sunday, September 29, 2013

{Pretty, Happy, Funny, Real}~ September 29, 2013

I was so busy this week that I neglected to take pictures most of the time.  There was little time to think about the camera.  That is the {real}ity of September, when the garden is still producing and school is in full swing.  Being a homeschooling mom, a part-time teacher, and a student of Greek while gardening, canning, etc. means extra activity. I'm ready for a frost to bring the gardening to an end for the year!

So. . . this week I'm going to share a few of my favorite quotations from my commonplace book that fit each category interspersed with a few favorite, random pictures.

{Beautiful}

Tomatoes and mint from our garden are beautiful even in an ice cream bucket.

"To live within a just order is to live within a pattern that has beauty.  The individual finds purpose within an order, and security~ whether it is the order of the soul or the order of the community.  Without order, indeed the life of man is poor, nasty, brutish, and short."~ Russell Kirk


{Happy}

"I am still determined to be cheerful and happy, in whatever situation may be; for I have also learned from experience that the greater part of our happiness or misery depends upon our dispositions and not upon our circumstances."~ Martha Washington




{Funny}



"Scientists have odious manners, except when you prop up their theory; then you can borrow money of them."~ Mark Twain

{Real}ity

"If I find in myself a desire which no experience in this world can satisfy, the most probable explanation is that I was made for another world."~ C.S. Lewis



Visit Like Mother, Like Daughter for more {phfr}!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Catching Up

Lake Michigan--gorgeous! It really has been two months since I last made a blog post!  This summer has been full of traveling, gardening...

Popular Posts