Sunday, May 5, 2013

{Pretty, Happy, Funny, Real}~ May 5, 2013

Joining Like Mother, Like Daughter again!


Lately I've only shown {pretty} and {happy}, but that's because it's spring!  So many things are so very {pretty} right now, and that makes me extremely {happy}!

{Pretty}





This little patch of ground is drab during the winter, but when the hostas and other vegetation come back to life, it's quite pretty.  Only one tulip bloomed this spring, though, so in the fall I'll need to plant a few more. 

Speaking of tulips, I love the color of these!

 

 
 
 
Some of my pansies.  Pansies are a necessity in the spring!
 
 
 
 
 

{Happy}

 
 
Remember when I showed you the picture of our strawberries after we uncovered them earlier this spring?  They were pretty pathetic and we wondered if they'd survive.  Well, lookee at this!
 
 
Just a few weeks after we uncovered them
 
 
Not only did they survive, they have blossoms!  We are looking forward to our first crop of homegrown strawberries.  Yum!

 
 

The rest of the garden is underway too, but there isn't much to show for it yet.  Peas, turnips, and radishes are up, but we are still waiting on carrots.  There's more to come, but it's a little early yet.  I'll keep you posted. :)

 

Thanks for visiting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Catching Up

Lake Michigan--gorgeous! It really has been two months since I last made a blog post!  This summer has been full of traveling, gardening...

Popular Posts