Sunday, September 23, 2012

{Pretty, Happy, Funny, Real}~ Sept. 23, 2012

I'm coming in just under the wire for {phfr} this week!

{Pretty}

A full rainbow yesterday~



As pretty as they are, rainbows aren't there just for us to admire.  They are a reminder to us of God's promises.  From Genesis 9:
 And God said, “This is the sign of the covenant that I make between me and you and every living creature that is with you, for all future generations:  I have set my bow in the cloud, and it shall be a sign of the covenant between me and the earth.  When I bring clouds over the earth and the bow is seen in the clouds,  I will remember my covenant that is between me and you and every living creature of all flesh. And the waters shall never again become a flood to destroy all flesh.  When the bow is in the clouds, I will see it and remember the everlasting covenant between God and every living creature of all flesh that is on the earth.”  God said to Noah, “This is the sign of the covenant that I have established between me and all flesh that is on the earth.”
 
{Happy}

Friday was the 75th anniversary of the publication of The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien.  In honor of the day, we partook of second breakfast. Yum!


My sister told me I have too much time on my hands, but I told her that it's just that I am sure to make time for things that are really important, like second breakfast.  You can read a longer post about our celebration here.

{Real}

After years of hinting, encouraging, and finally urging from my husband and years of hemming and hawing from me, I am finally signed up for his beginning Greek class.  We are two weeks into it and the words are beginning to look like words, though I still feel like a kindergartner learning to read.  Being a student again will be good for me as a teacher~ it's always beneficial to be reminded what it's like to be on the other end of the textbook!



{Funny}

Girl of the House, who is also taking Greek, is amused that we are in the same class and studying together.  She can't get used to me being a student.  Neither can I quite.

Visit Like Mother, Like Daughter for me {phfr} entries!

2 comments:

  1. I had no idea about the anniversary - I do know that yesterday was Frodo and Bilbo's birthday, though. (I know someone who reminds me of it every year!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you to learn Greek. That is on my "someday I'm going to do..." list.

    Your table for Second Breakfast is lovely. And homegrown raspberries! Yum.

    Joy

    ReplyDelete

Catching Up

Lake Michigan--gorgeous! It really has been two months since I last made a blog post!  This summer has been full of traveling, gardening...

Popular Posts