Sunday, April 22, 2012

{Pretty, Happy, Funny, Real} ~ April 22, 2012

Joining Like Mother, Like Daughter once again for {phfr}. (And what has happened to Blogger??? It won't let me make paragraph and heading breaks where I want to. Sorry for the weird-looking post! Grrrrr . . .) {Pretty}
These puffs in the churchyard are the remains of the annual early spring burst of dandelion blossoms. The robins bum around that yard all day. I know most people don't like dandelions, but I think they are cheerful, {pretty} little flowers. {Happy} Girl of the House was anxious to visit a quilting shop about a half hour south of us that we were recently made aware of, so we hopped in the car on the spur of the moment yesterday for a visit. Wow! It was more than worth the drive! The fabric selection was fabulous, plus there were lots of quilting notions and accessories. Girl 2 was in heaven. She got some adorable fabric to make a baby quilt for a future baby (probably for the local crisis pregnancy center), but to my eyes the crowning glory was the line of coordinated Beatrix Potter fabrics! I think I embarrassed Girl 2 with my raptures. Already having plenty of sewing to do, I didn't buy any except for two fat quarters (because I just had to own some!), but I will keep it in mind. Here's what I bought:
There is Tom Kitten, the Flopsy Bunnies, Jemima Puddleduck, Mrs. Tiggy-winkle, Squirrel Nutkin, Peter Rabbit, of course ~ all of BP's characters are represented. And lookee! Hunca Munca, my favorite!
Girl 2 and I were very {happy} with our trip to the quilting shop! And something else that made us {happy} was the meal she cooked Saturday night. Here she is scrubbing potatoes~
And the end result was this delicious conconction ccoked in my thrifted Romertopf clay baker. Delicious!
{Real} Here's the sad result of my experiment growing lettuce in a pot~
Not exactly what I had hoped for, but I will try again!

1 comment:

  1. Looks like a great roast chicken dinner! But your lettuce made me laugh out loud. It looks so much like what would have happened to me. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Catching Up

Lake Michigan--gorgeous! It really has been two months since I last made a blog post!  This summer has been full of traveling, gardening...

Popular Posts