Thursday, November 10, 2011

{Pretty, Happy, Funny, Real} ~ Nov. 10, 2011

Joining Like Mother, Like Daughter for {phfr} . . .

{Pretty}

My birthday was this week, and Girl of the House made my favorite cake: red velvet cake with cream cheese icing. Yum! Didn't she do a good job?



{Happy}

We had a spontaneous discussion about math at the dinner table! Those of you who know us personally know just how astounding that is. We tend more to the literary/musical/philosophical side of life than the scientific/mathematical, but this discussion arose of its own accord and was sustained for some minutes, long enough to incorporate diagrams on the blackboard! I don't know what got into us. Of course, we couldn't discuss math without working in some Greek and a bad joke, and I recall there being a literary allusion or two also. Still, it was a first for us.



{Funny}

Girl of the House is not thrilled that I am posting this picture, but what else are parents for if not to embarrass their children? Here she sports a bow from one of my birthday presents.



{Real}

I don't have an actual picture of {real} because I'm not good at taking pictures of pitch black, which is what we have at 5:00pm since the time change. And it's only Nov. 10! We are on the edge of the central time zone, and we are considerably farther north than we used to be, so by 4:30 ~ 4:30!! ~ we are well on the way to darkness. What will it be like by the time the solstice is actually here??

1 comment:

  1. Yes, it's dark early, but I have to say I like it in the mornings! Please tell your daughter I like your {funny}, and Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete

Catching Up

Lake Michigan--gorgeous! It really has been two months since I last made a blog post!  This summer has been full of traveling, gardening...

Popular Posts