Thursday, August 11, 2011

{Pretty, Happy, Funny, Real} ~ August 11, 2011

{Pretty}

This picture is from a couple weeks ago when a storm was brewing at twilight. I took it from the backyard. The light is so intriguing!



{Happy}

Everywhere you look here there are cornfields, beautiful cornfields. Several parishioners are farmers, and one of them brought us about twenty ears of corn last week. (An aside: in this parish and our previous dual parish, farming is an important part of life. Some parishioners make their living by farming and some just have large gardens, keep chickens, and the like. But in both places we were/are often given gifts of produce, eggs, sausage, etc. There is nothing like fresh-from-the-farm, and we are grateful for the generosity of these fine people in sharing with us!) So I took a stab at freezing it following my mother-in-law's methods. I would like to learn more about canning and freezing, but this little attempt made me happy. . . and it was so easy!



{Funny}

Man of the House and I gave Girl of the House this sign as a little "welcome to your new home" present. I spied it at Hobby Lobby and knew it was perfect for her. She is imaginative, creative, and often off in her own world. Lots of children have imaginary friends, but she's the only child I know who had an imaginary enemy. LOL Now she has characters from her stories populating her imagination. The sign is over her closet door.



{Real ~ This could have been happy too . . very happy!}

Man of the House and I celebrated our twenty-fourth anniversary this week. Every day with him is a blessing!



I'm linking to Like Mother, Like Daughter again this week. Join the fun!

2 comments:

Catching Up

Lake Michigan--gorgeous! It really has been two months since I last made a blog post!  This summer has been full of traveling, gardening...

Popular Posts