Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Simple Woman's Daybook--May 26, 2010




FOR TODAY May 26, 2010...

Outside my window... is sunshine and blue sky and green everywhere!

I am thinking... of how glad I am that the schoolyear is almost over! I taught a new class this year that took *a lot* of time, but it is winding down now, and I feel like I’m coming up for air.

I am thankful for... growing older. Not everyone gets to do that, you know? I’ve learned a lot and have hopefully grown in wisdom over the years.

From the learning rooms...Macbeth, fractions, noun clauses, human nervous system, Aaron Copland, Igor Stravinsky, and John Rutter, the Iliad

From the kitchen... good ol’ hamburgers and French fries

I am wearing... denim capris, striped top, and white canvas slip-ons

I am creating... Girl of the House’s portfolio for her annual evaluation. In fact, I should probably be working on that instead of this!

I am going... nowhere today, except Man of the House and I took a walk around our neighborhood this morning.

I am reading... Green Dolphin Street by Elizabeth Goudge and listening to To Say Nothing of the Dog by Connie Willis

I am hoping... I won’t mind being away from home for so long when we take our three-week trip to Missouri, New England, and Indiana (in that order) in June.

On my mind… I’m looking forward to a change of pace this summer.

Noticing that… my outlook is brighter with the heavy load of schoolwork lifting

Pondering these words… “Therefore, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us also lay aside every weight, and sin which clings so closely, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us.” (Hebrews 12:1)

I am hearing... the scritch-scratch of Girl of the House's pencil as she works on math.

Around the house... finishing up laundry, watering the garden, picking lettuce

One of my favorite things... peas fresh from the garden

A few plans for the rest of the week: taking Girl of the House to her voice lesson, grading, concert Friday evening

Here is picture thought I am sharing...



I made these pillows for Girl Out of the House's couch.

More daybooks at Peggy's!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Catching Up

Lake Michigan--gorgeous! It really has been two months since I last made a blog post!  This summer has been full of traveling, gardening...

Popular Posts