Saturday, December 30, 2017

The Sixth Day of Christmas

I've caught the terrible, horrible, no good, very bad cold (flu?) that's been going around, what seems like, the entire country. It's definitely putting a damper on our twelve-day celebration.  Today was supposed to include a trip to see Darkest Hour, but alas, it will have to wait.  In the meantime, I'm sharing a photo that was recently taken of my hubby and me.



Our daughter has been involved in ministry to Latvian orphans for a couple years.  She has made numerous trips there (four this year!) and has hosted one particular boy in her home for many weeks over the past eighteen months or so. This all costs a great deal of money, so she and her family put on fundraisers from time to time.  This month the fundraiser featured pictures with Santa with a professional photographer, and guess who played Santa? :)  So I stopped by and had my picture snapped with him too!  I don't know when was the last time I had my picture taken with Santa, but this Santa is my favorite for sure!

If you want to know more about ministering to orphans overseas, particularly in eastern Europe, check out New Horizons for Children

No comments:

Post a Comment

Catching Up

Lake Michigan--gorgeous! It really has been two months since I last made a blog post!  This summer has been full of traveling, gardening...

Popular Posts