Sunday, January 15, 2017

The Ice Storm That Wasn't

The mega gigantic ice storm that was supposed to hit Thursday night fizzled.  We twice had a little ice overnight that melted in the morning.  Missouri was closed on Friday, so I got a day at home I wasn't counting on, which was much appreciated, but which turns out was unnecessary.  I don't mind, though.  I've been running on all cylinders since the beginning of December and an extra-long weekend was just what I needed.

Around my house since Christmas~



The amaryllis is finished, but the paperwhites are coming on.  I meant to plant these in time for them to be blooming about now, but note the above paragraph. . .  I love to have flowers blooming indoors at this time of year!


We had a cold snap right after Christmas and got a little snow.  The woods and the pond are beautiful this time of year!  (Not that I was actually outside when I took this.  Brrrrr!)




Dave is now the proud owner of a canjo.  




Hannah surprised by the camera~




Spending the night at Grandma and Grandpa's 😊

                   




This tree is five or six years old, we think, and it's blooming for the first time!  It's either a lime or lemon tree.  I guess we'll find out when the fruit appears. . .

                           

No comments:

Post a Comment

Catching Up

Lake Michigan--gorgeous! It really has been two months since I last made a blog post!  This summer has been full of traveling, gardening...

Popular Posts