Saturday, October 22, 2016

This Week

I woke up early today (for a Saturday morning) and thought I'd pop in here while the house was still quiet and share some of the happenings from this week.

After some beautiful clear skies, the clouds rolled in Thursday evening.  The pictures don't do the colors justice.  Imagine them ten times more intense.  A few minutes after I took this, the heavens opened and dumped almost an inch of rain and hail in less than an hour.



*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

When Emily from Charming the Birds from the trees shares these little vignettes of what she's eating and reading, I always think they look so enticing.  So here is my lunch one day this past week:  homemade hamburger barley soup and bread~ one slice with butter and one with jam~ it's so good I indulged in two pieces!~ and A Nantucket Christmas by Leslie Linsley, an older library book from 2004 but which is nevertheless full of beautiful pictures of lovely interiors.




It's got me thinking about and planning for Christmas.  It will be here before I know it and I'm determined to get ahead this year!

*~*~*~*~*~*



Dave and I got home from Kansas last weekend to find that Hannah had deep cleaned the sewing/laundry room, which included organizing the fabric so that it actually fit in the cupboards and washing and ironing the curtains!  The finishing touch was these sweet pink and white geraniums.  What an amazing daughter!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Catching Up

Lake Michigan--gorgeous! It really has been two months since I last made a blog post!  This summer has been full of traveling, gardening...

Popular Posts