Saturday, January 27, 2018

Deep Clean: Pantry

I've had time to do some extra cleaning this month, so last week Hannah and I gave her room a deep clean and I also did the pantry.  It had been quite awhile since I had tackled the pantry, and it really needed it.  I was pleased that there were only a couple expired items that needed to be thrown away.  I'm diligent about keeping things in rotation and it's paid off.  I really hate to throw food away.  I may as well just put money straight into the trash.  In addition, the more I've come to realize how hard it is for people in some parts of the world to obtain adequate food, the harder I try to reduce my family's food waste. 

I didn't think to take before pictures, but here's an after:




The walls really are bright yellow.  I may paint them someday, but honestly, I don't care that much.  I got the wire shelves at Aldi and they've been very handy.  I moved all the canning jars and supplies to the (gigantic) storeroom, which let me move some things that had been on the floor to the top shelf (including the big pots and carboy Dave uses for brewing).  The pantry makes me happy now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Catching Up

Lake Michigan--gorgeous! It really has been two months since I last made a blog post!  This summer has been full of traveling, gardening...

Popular Posts