Tuesday, November 22, 2016

This Week

Autumn has finally arrived.  After unusually warm weather for weeks, it turned cold on Friday and has stayed cold.  We've even had a couple frosts.  That means my flowers are no more.  I'm always a bit sad when that happens but also a teeny bit relieved.  No more weeds!

This is the last flower from the garden.  Zinnias are so hardy, and this little one hung on through the frost, but I picked it and put it in one of the Belleek vases Dave gave me for my birthday.  So sweet!




It did this today~




So Dave did this~ 




The first fire of the season!  It drove the cold and damp away!


I have made good progress with the Christmas shopping already.  Every year I tell myself I'm going to get ahead, but I've never managed it.  I'm pretty pleased with what I've accomplished this year so far.  Today, I started wrapping~

                               



In other news, the girls and I made these turkeys~


They look rather Picasso-esqe, don't you think?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Catching Up

Lake Michigan--gorgeous! It really has been two months since I last made a blog post!  This summer has been full of traveling, gardening...

Popular Posts