Sunday, September 25, 2016

Art and Crafts

Lots going on this past week, as usual.  A few weeks ago, I was asked to teach the kindergarten religion class at the grade school attached to my church, so four days a week it's up-and-at-'em for me!  No more leisurely breakfasts.  I am enjoying the students and the time in an irl classroom.  I've been teaching for an on-line school for so long that I'd forgotten what it is like to actually be able to see the students!

Preschool with the granddaughters included making Indian corn.  Each week, the concentration on their faces is priceless.



Hannah and Arane impressively whipped up this sweet doll quilt in about an hour and a half, using scraps and leftover blocks from other projects, all chosen and arranged by Arane.  She ironed and used the sewing machine (with Hannah's help and supervision) for the first time.  She was so proud of herself!  


             


*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Yesterday was Museum Day, so Dave and I spent a couple hours at the Art and Archaeology Museum of the University of Missouri.  It's always free, but we thought Museum Day was a good excuse to visit.  We really enjoy museums of all types but especially art museums.  The AAM is known for its 100-plus-year-old plaster casts of ancient Greek and Roman statuary. It's the next best thing to being in Greece and Rome!  We also looked at ancient Greek and Roman archaeological finds (jugs, jewelry, religious objects, and the like) and early Christian art.  (What can I say?  I married a pastor who is also a classicist!  Good thing I'm interested too. . .)

The stunning view of the cast gallery from the entrance~



Some favorites~

Homer

Nike

The feet of Laocoon and his sons


Thanks for stopping by!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Catching Up

Lake Michigan--gorgeous! It really has been two months since I last made a blog post!  This summer has been full of traveling, gardening...

Popular Posts